Active Living Program News
Plan and prepare now for successful fall programsWe can all feel it coming: The end of the laid-back days of summer will soon be here. With it, many of us shift gears to thinking about fall health promotion programs that typically start in September and October. The return of more stable schedules can be good this time of year, and it also gives us a few months to really concentrate on making healthy changes before the holidays sneak up on us.
Whether you’ve started planning your fall programs already or not, we offer several resources as part of the Active Living Every Day and Healthy Eating Every Day online tools that can assist you with your planning. Be sure to check out the following documents to simplify your implementation plans:
- The facilitator guide gives you an easy-to-follow roadmap for offering Active Living Every Day and Healthy Eating Every Day. There’s a separate facilitator guide for each program. For Active Living Every Day, the guide is housed within the Resources tab. The Healthy Eating Every Day facilitator guide is currently a three-ring binder that is packaged with your participant book and key code letter. The guide includes background information on the program, an overview of sessions, tips for preparing to lead sessions, a description of the resources we provide for you, how to choose facilitators, budgeting for your program, marketing and promoting your program, and a suggested implementation timeline.
- Sample marketing materials include a flier, trifold brochure, and newsletter article.
- Customizable PowerPoint presentations help you promote the program in your organization and community and also present the material in your sessions.
- E-mail templates can be customized for each week.
- Evaluations and other frequently used forms are included.
- Lesson plans are the key planning resource for your weekly sessions. Each lesson plan spells out the discussion points for that session, FAQs, a preview of the next session, and other important details you will want to be familiar with.
For more information about Active Living Partners programs or to ask questions about other aspects of your Active Living Every Day and Healthy Eating Every Day programs, go to www.ActiveLiving.info, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call 800-747-4457 ext 2522.
Active Living Program News Archive